The Society of Rocky Mountain Archivists Scholarship Program
What will be offered?
- Three scholarships to each regularly scheduled SRMA conference held in Colorado or Wyoming, to include registration only
- One scholarship to each SRMA conference held jointly with another organization, when held outside of Colorado and Wyoming, to include up to $500 for registration and expenses
- One scholarship of $1000 to the SAA Annual Meeting, to cover registration, lodging and other travel expenses.
Who is eligible?
- All SRMA members in good standing are eligible to apply (this includes people employed by member institutions). Members will not be eligible to receive more than one scholarship per two calendar years. Members of the selection committee will not be eligible.
How will members apply?
- Applicants will submit a brief application that includes a statement of need, expected benefits, anticipated budget, etc. (see application form at bottom of page).
The selection committee will be comprised of:
- SRMA Treasurer
- SRMA Past President
- Recent SRMA scholarship recipient selected by other committee members
The committee is responsible for advertising each scholarship well in advance of each event. Such advertisements will include:
- Amount of scholarship
- Application deadlines
- How to apply
- Recipient responsibilities
- Demonstrated need
- Involvement in SRMA and other relevant organizations
- Expected benefit
- Geographic and institutional diversity
How will scholarships be awarded?
SRMA Treasurer will issue a check for the amount of the scholarship in advance of the conference.
- If unable to attend the conference, recipient will tell the committee as soon as possible so the scholarship can be awarded to another member. Recipient will return all funds to the SRMA Treasurer.
- Recipient is responsible for any cancellation fees that might be incurred.
- Recipient may be asked to serve on the selection committee for a future scholarship.
- Recipient will submit a short article (500-700 words) on a topic of his/her choosing related to the meeting or conference for publication in the SRMA newsletter immediately following attendance at the conference.
- Funding for the scholarship program will be subject to available resources of the organization.
- SRMA may offer scholarships for other workshops/conferences as determined by the Board.
- Members may nominate other workshops/conferences for inclusion in the scholarship program by sending to the SRMA Board:
- Information about the conference (what, when, where, who’s sponsoring, etc.)
- A brief description about why it is a beneficial use of SRMA funds.
- Nominations must be made at least 3 months in advance of the conference. (For example, nominations for a conference on June 6 must be received no later than March 6.)