The Society of Rocky Mountain Archivists has opened one last round of professional development funding for 2022! SRMA will award 1-2 members awards up to $600 to fund workshops, trainings, or other opportunities supporting professional growth in the archives profession between April 1-June 30, 2022.
Applications must be received by April 15th, 2022 following the instructions below.
- Applicants must be current SRMA members. To become a member, join us here!
- Proposals must be for professional development opportunities taking place between April 1-June 30, 2022 (SRMA will retroactively reimburse opportunities that occurred between April 1, 2022 and the award announcements).
- Funds requested may not exceed $600 and can only cover the registration or enrollment cost of the professional development opportunity. Funding does not cover travel or other associated costs. Funding will be received by the awardee as a reimbursement after the awardee has registered for the professional development opportunity and submitted proof of paid registration to SRMA.
- Funds requested will support professional development opportunities (such as, but not limited to, workshops and trainings, both in-person and virtual) that supports the SRMA member’s work in the archives profession or the SRMA organization
- Applications will be reviewed by SRMA’s Scholarship Committee for the following criteria: demonstrated need; expected benefit; and geographic and institutional diversity. We especially encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Successful awardees are required to submit a 300-500 word essay to SRMA’s Rocky Mountain Archivist newsletter after completing their professional development opportunity. The essay should discuss how the professional development opportunity impacted or will impact the future of their work as an archivist.
To apply for funding for professional development opportunities taking place between April-June 2022, please fill out this application by April 15th, 2022: https://forms.gle/oXtSfEjHqFrn3K5E6
Professional development opportunities, April-June 2022
Questions? Contact Megan Friedel, SRMA Past President and Chair of the SRMA Scholarship Committee: email@example.com